Incorporate Waitangi Day into your curriculum/program linking the history of New Zealand’s founding document. Included is some basic information about Waitangi Day and an invitation to learn using your imagination to create your own Treaty making our own promises to the environment, friendships, and equality.
While sharing this important day we too can celebrate the awesome things about who we are, where we belong and what is important to us in our future.
Having the opportunity to contribute to this Treaty supports children to feel like a valued member of their group and community.
Through collaboration with the children you will be able to build a strong culture of professional inquiry for program decision making. This curriculum is child led - you will find out what they want to do by scaffolding on their promises to extend on their strengths, skills, knowledge, and motivation to engage them in new experiences.
This product is designed for children 5+ years and provides children with the ability to see things in new ways that encourage creative thinking and creativity from open ended resources that encourage them to design and use them in different ways.
What is included:
- Waitangi Day display sheet that can be used to excite those Imaginative Thinking minds
- Waitangi Day – basic information
- Van Dough & Dough Vinci suggestions to make your own treaty
- Invitation to learn – Make your own Treaty
- Learning Outcomes to support Educators
- Blank Templates – Protection, Partnerships, Participation promises – colour & black & white
- Blank Templates – Promise Feathers – colour and black & white
- Blank Templates – Mindfulness Feathers for those who want to participate but not write their own promise